Create/Edit a Sensor Activity Notification
A sensor activity notification can notify users if a contact sensor is opened or a motion sensor is activated.
To create a sensor activity notification from the Alarm.com website:
- Log into your customer account.
- Click Notifications.
- Click +New Notification.
- Click Sensor Activity.
- Name the new notification rule.
- Under When any of these sensors are open or activated, click to check the checkboxes for the sensors to be monitored.
- Click the radio button for a time frame and select either At All Times or specific times for the sensors to be monitored.
- Use the Do not send notifications that occur within checkbox and dropdown to limit the number of notifications sent.
- To choose notification recipients, click +Add Recipient.
- Click the entries in the Address book that are to be notified, or click +New to add a new Address Book entry.
- Click Close.
- Verify the notification is configured with the correct settings.
- Click Save.
To create a sensor activity notification from the Alarm.com app:
- Log into the Alarm.com customer app.
- Tap Menu.
- Scroll through the Menu until you see Notifications. Tap Notifications.
- Tap Manage Notifications.
- Next to Notifications, tap +Add.
- Tap Create Your Own.
- Tap Sensor Activity.
- Rename the rule in the dialog box where it says “Sensor Activity”.
- Under “When any of these sensors open or are activated:” select the sensors you would like to receive notifications from.
- Under “During this time frame:”. choose one of the following:
- At All Times. This will notify you at all times when the image sensor detects motion.
- Only During the Following Times. This will allow you to set up notifications to only take place during certain hours of the day.
- Notification Filtering. When selected, this will prevent the notification from sending additional notifications that occur within a desired time frame of each other or when a Geo-Device is within the Geo-Fence.
- Tap +Add Recipients.
- Under Address Book, press on the recipient you would like to receive the notification. You will see a check mark next to their name.
- Scroll down. Tap Close.
- Tap Save.
Click Here to return to the Alarm.com FAQ page.
Click Here to return to the main FAQ page.