Create/Edit an Alarm Notification
An alarm notification can notify users if there has been an alarm event at the property.
To create an alarm notification from the Alarm.com website:
- Log into your customer account.
- Click Notifications.
- Click +New Notification.
- Click Alarm.
- Name the new notification rule.
- Click the alarm types to be notified about checkboxes under Alarm of type.
- Select Any Sensor from the Is reported by dropdown menu, unless a specific sensor is to be monitored.
- Note: Do not choose to send a Duress Panic SMS or push notification to a potential Duress Code user.
- To choose notification recipients, click +Add Recipient.
- Click the entries in the Address book that are to be notified, or click +New button to add a new Address Book entry.
- Click Close.
- Verify the notification is configured with the correct settings.
- Click Save.
To create an alarm notification from the Alarm.com app:
- Log into the customer app.
- Tap Menu.
- Scroll through the Menu until you see Notifications. Tap Notifications.
- Tap Manage Notifications.
- Next to Notifications, tap +Add.
- Tap Create Your Own.
- Tap Alarm.
- Rename the rule in the dialog box where it says “Alarm”.
- Under “When Alarm of type:”, Tap either Audible, Silent, or both.
- Under “Is reported by:”. Tap one of the following:
- Any Sensor. This will notify you when any sensor goes off.
- Specific Sensor. This will allow you select specific sensors in the event of an alarm.
- Tap +Add Recipients.
- Under Address Book, tap the recipient you would like to receive the notification. You will see a check mark next to their name.
- Scroll down. Tap Close.
- Tap Save.
Click Here to return to the Alarm.com FAQ page.
Click Here to return to the main FAQ page.